Healthy recipe for your dog
I have been doing a lot of research about what sort of my food my cavoodles should be eating to give them the healthiest life possible. There is a lot of research showing that dried kibble is not the best option for your dog so I have been making up more natural food and giving them less processed kibble.
I am no cook and I am far from comfortable in a kitchen (hubby does all the cooking in our house) but I will make up food for my babies. It takes barely at time at all and I know how much they love the meals I make for them. This is a quick one and you can substitute the mince or vegs to whatever you have. I will make variations on this and sometimes add rice to it too.
Turkey green veg mix
- Packet pf turkey mince
- Frozen peas
- Frozen spinach
- 1 grated apple
- Fish oil tablets (optional)
- Can of red kidney beans
Steps to make it:
- Cook the spinach in the microwave following packet instructions
- Cook frozen peas in the microwave following packet instructions
- Cook the turkey mince in a frying pan
- Put can of beans in a large bowl (I will sometimes just use half a can and the other half to a different food mix)
- Grate an apple and add to the mix
- Break up a couple of fish oil tabs and mix through (optional)
I will often add a sprinkle of a specialise canine Food topper (lots like herbs) on top fo added nutrients.
It only takes 10 minutes to make and you have a healthy meal that you can break up and give to them over several days. Or pop half in the freezer for another time. Either way it is quick and easy meal thy will love.