All Things Ticks with Dr Evan Shaw
Tick paralysis is one of the most common preventable causes of death in dogs and cats along the east coast of Australia. Thousands of dogs are affected each year, some of them fatally.
So what preventative measures should you take, what are the best products, and how do you safely remove a tick? In this episode, Evan Shaw is going to answer all those questions and more.
What you will learn in this episode:
- The types of ticks we get here in Australia and what areas are affected.
- The different types of tick treatments.
- Why you might need multiple options for treatment of ticks, fleas, and worms.
- How to safely remove a tick.
- The early signs to look out for with tick paralysis
- What you should do if your dog has tick on it.
- How long it takes for your dog to be fatally ill from tick paralysis.
LINKS & RESOURCES
About Dr Evan Shaw
About 3 Spoilt Dogs
Find more about 3 Spoilt Dogs here: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/
Pawsitively Delicious Recipe Book: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/pawsitivelydelicious/
Free Dog Food Guide: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/dog-food-guide/
Free New Puppy Guide: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/new-puppy-owner/
Did You Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d really love it if you can SUBSCRIBE and leave a REVIEW. More subscribers help the podcast reach more people, and I would be truly grateful.
Thank you for being Pawesome.