First Steps For Training A New Puppy
Do you have a new puppy or you’re thinking of getting one? Then you need to know that training starts from day 1 if you want a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted dog.
In this episode, I’m talking to Hannah Daniele from Chapter One Dog Training about routines, sleeping, food training, and all things puppy.
- What you should have ready for when they bring puppy home?
- Why and when to establish a Routine
- Why the first few weeks is so vital to their development
- The basic skills that they need to learn first
- What to feed puppies
- Where your puppy should sleep? Bed or crate?
- How to make them as comfortable as possible for their first few nights
- Why puppy school is good for their development
- The things they are wrongly taught about getting a puppy
- Advice to owners on how much time you should be spending on training every day
LINKS & RESOURCES
About Hannah Daniele
With 13 years of experience in pet dog training and 4 years of professional dog training, Hannah specialises in supporting dog owners during the critical puppy stage to set them up for a lifetime of success. Hannah is committed to preventing dog training issues from arising in the first place through taking a proactive approach by focussing on puppies and using positive reinforcement, evidence-based training methods.
Find Hannah and Chapter One Dog Training here
Instagram: @chapteronedogtraining https://www.instagram.com/chapteronedogtraining/
Facebook: Chapter One Dog Training https://www.facebook.com/chapteronedogtraining
About 3 Spoilt Dogs
Pawsitively Delicious Recipe Book: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/pawsitivelydelicious/
Free Dog Food Guide: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/dog-food-guide/
Free New Puppy Guide: https://3spoiltdogs.com.au/new-puppy-owner/
Did You Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed this episode, I’d really love it if you can SUBSCRIBE and leave a REVIEW. More subscribers help the podcast reach more people, and I would be truly grateful.
Thank you for being Pawesome.